Tuesday 1 January 2008

Season's Greetings

Tenz acted as Santa again & helped dole out the presents as well as tear them open. No running clobber but a few furry toys to sink his teeth into & rip ears off.

I had a mole removed from my left shin early December that required stitches & no running for 10 days. However, it got infected, I was put on antibiotics & the inactivity stretched out to 14 days. It seems to have cleared up well now & I've been increasing my running time by 10 or 15 mins each run. Still no PCRG sessions but hopefully back this Friday.

Yesterday I felt obliged to take T for a long run: the weather was cool, misty rain & a decent breeze. Decided to run to the Ship Inn via Fairfield & Annerley Roads, took 22 mins. Then thru' Southbank, West End, Highgate Hill (the River Loop course). Had T off the lead round most of Riverside Drive but going up the hills to Torbreck he was a wreck. Basically dragged him up & we had to walk the top-most section...Ended up being 1 hour 18 & despite the rain I got sunburnt shoulders. Mental note - must leave T behind for any runs over 1 hour, he hates hills & the humidity probably gets to him also, despite the inclement summer weather.

No comments: