Wednesday 1 October 2008

3k TT 10.02

Training had indicated I may nudge the 10 minute barrier at the 3k TT. It was brought forward a week due to the large contingent heading to Melbourne. Headed out well turning half-way in 4.55. Sub-10 was a possibility but again I erred on the side of caution by not flogging myself to get under (& perhaps risk an injury). Felt tired in the second to third k. 2nd half was 5.07. Also probably helped a little by a bit of road work that may have cut the corner by a couple of seconds.

Went out this morning but didn't feel up to a tempo session. The marathoners are in taper mode & the 1 hour effort suited me. Out to Methyr Bowls Club at New Farm in around 38 & back along the walkway & riverside in 25.

Sunday session saw me run with the others for an hour out to Newstead then zip back directly to the Ship Inn in 19 mins, added a 5 min loop to again finish in 1.24. This number may come back to haunt me...

Will maintain my running schedule for the next week before Melbourne on the 11th but will reduce my intensity after this Friday's speed session.

No comments: