Thursday 5 March 2009

Second set-back




Yet another cold & another week off running. Hard to regulate your temperature when its been very humid as well.

Headed down to the March 3kTT nevertheless & wasn't sure what to do - pace (i.e. just take it easy) or try & beat last month's soft time. The latter prevailed. Despite no speed training I didn't find it too onerous. Helped I think by the big turn-out - there were quite a few in front of me. Had to smile...a new girl has been running in front of me for both TTs. This time it appeared she had gone out too fast & my steady pace saw me move in front at the 2k mark. I was thinking of giving her a bit of advice after the race about tactics. Got a surprise when shortly thereafter she went past me & with 500m to go overtook the next 6 folks in front of me with a big finish...

Backed up the next morning at 5.30 for Matty's Wednesday river loop run. Wasn't sure how I'd go but didn't feel too bad. Started to feel weary after a drink at UQ & then the Highgate Hills got me. Also knew there was a 'soft option' for recuperating runners - peel off at Torbreck & tear down Gladstone Road straight to Southbank, hit the footpath & turn right to the Ship Inn. Wayne measured it at 12.9ks. My last k was quick, all up 1.01.

No comments: