Sunday 17 February 2008

50k week

Ran on Saturday, an easy 8 k so that I could hit the 50k for the week mark. Haven't run that much in a long time. Last Tues I skipped PCRG, feeling a bit flat (& it was raining). However, I did have an afternoon run, 10ks to UQ with T. Had Wed & Thurs off - was meant to run Thurs evening but got home late. Decided to go to PCRG on Fri & had a good session: 2x 3 mins with 30SR; 4 mins back, 30sec jog & 1.30 finish off. Then 3x Gold Coast hill (only half way) plus 1 full to finish. Don't think even the marines would do that sort of session...

Today's long run had 8 of us again: did the river loop counter-clockwise in 90mins (had a few stops for drinks where I stop the watch). Checked our pace at the Regatta where there is a 1k mark on the path in green paint, (the other marker is near the floating restaurant - Oxleys) 4.44.

Drink at the Ship Inn & then off to the Story Bridge via Kangaroo Point. First k in 4.30, second in 4.10. By the 3rd I was dropping off 10m & the others were heading over the Bridge. I didn't want to run that fast or any longer than 2 hours. Retraced my steps & my pace dropped off considerably. Back to the pub with 5 mins to spare so did a loop of the pool to finish in 2.01. The others came sprinting over the GW Bridge, reckoned they were sub 4 going thru' the gardens.

1 comment:

Toasty said...

sub 4 on a long run, kinda quick