Sunday 3 February 2008

Looks like rain...

Drenched this morning on our easy run to UQ. 12ks about 1hr.

Have been getting shin soreness on the left side over the last few weeks & a tight calf. My running action doesn't quite feel right either. But I think my weekly regime is catching up with me - 2 speed sessions & a long run. Need to drop a speed session (Fridays) & build up longer, slower runs during the week - at least 4 runs a week as well.

Finished last Friday's session with more pronounced soreness. Ran 3x 1k mixed in with 2x 500m. 3.17 first k but started to rapidly tire & relinquished my 2nd position to Pete who tried to gee me up but to no avail.

Tues before ran 1 min & 30 sec efforts in the Gardens. This was fronting up after Monday's 10k bushwalk in Binna Burra & Sunday's 90 min effort (first 60 with Tenz before dropping him off). At work on Tues I got up from the desk & my lower back was sore. Lumbar muscles that continued to stiffen. Got home later, put a heat pack on. Wed better. Weird.

Anyway, Tues is time trial so will go hard but I think the body wants either time off or reduced intensity. Don't want an injury at this stage.

No comments: