Friday 2 May 2008

Cold strikes

Have copped a cold but not too bad at this stage, have taken a few days off.

Last Sunday I organised our long run to start from the Green Bridge & head thru' UQ to the back of St Lucia golf course. Ran along the river path to Meiers Rd & headed out to the park at the end of the road (about 6 ks). Beautiful fine morning, a bit of mist on the river. Back up Meiers to the I'pilly pedestrian bridge & then along Laurel Ave to Sherwood Arboretum for a drink (nearly 15k). Retraced our steps to go back under the bridge & onto the Chelmer side of the river, then along Tennyson & onto my Yeronga river loop. With about 2.10 done we upped the pace, continued past our start point at 2.20, back over the bridge & along the UQ path until 2.30. Jogged back in 10 mins feeling pretty wrecked. About 32k.

Fronted up to Tuesday's 3k TT feeling a bit sore. Didn't want to place the knee under any real stress so started off pretty conservatively. Surprised myself after 700m that I wasn't feeling too bad & the front runners weren't too far in front of me. Started to overtake a few folks. Turned in 5.13, came back in 5.10. So generally pleased that my knee & sore quads held up.

No comments: