Wednesday 1 August 2007

123 ...testing

Got my B2B number in the mail, hard to forget & it will be testing. An 'elite' entry looking for sub 45 but I'm still not fully over the flu. Applied for it online by providing a recent 'official' time to prove my elite - worthy status. Naturally I quoted my 'official' Doomben 10k race time, 32.32 - a huge PB, run in June. Those in the know realise that race turned into a bit of a debacle as we were turned early in the course by an over-zealous marshall. The actual distance was 8.8ks. Still, I was determined to get a better position at the pointy end of the B2B start after arriving a bit late last year & getting stuck behind 'traffic'.

Was a good hit-out at the 3k time trial on Tues. I was a bit paranoid about over-doing it but really wanted to run quick again after a lot of slow runs. The legs felt good but the lungs were hopeless. Ended up a pretty even paced run, 5.12 to the turn around & finished with 10.25 (18 secs off my PB).

Today T & I ran an easy 12k in 1 hr to UQ.

Last Saturday we ran an interval session: 2 mins fast, 2mins slow for 10ks. Haven't done that for a while. Sunday I ran 16ks @ 4.45k thru' Tarragindi up to Toohey Forest & out to GU (Griffith Uni). First time on that route & knew it was gonna be hilly - left T behind. He doesn't mind a few hills but that session was non-stop & I knew he'd be dragging the chain after a few ks.

No comments: