Friday 19 October 2007

Recovery mode

Taking it pretty easy the last couple of weeks. Had 4 days off after the HM before fronting up to a PCRG Friday session where I ran pretty conservatively. Followed that with a 1 hour Sunday run with Tenz. He seemed ok on the run, had his 'reward' swim next to a waterski boat, but next day he pulled up a bit lame. Hard to tell whether it was a result of the run or an injury of his own making (he does tend to tear around the yard when school kids are leaving or returning for the day). A couple of days off for him & he's pulled up well.

This week I've only run at Pat's on Tuesday & again today, Friday. Pat is definitely developing a sadistic streak: the intense sessions are morphing into extreme. Today it was 4x 2mins with 30sec recoveries out; 30/30s all the way back. Ran pretty much with Damien on the way back which helped with maintaining an honest pace. Taking tomorrow off before a longer run on Sunday hopefully with Pete & Dave.

I feel my running base has reached a comfortable level now after 3 years that I can take the next step: marathon 2008, Gold Coast.



PS Received my Supersportimages.com Melb HM photos & have added them to my HM post. Interesting to chart my ordeal from comfortable to "please let it be over!" See below...

No comments: