Saturday 27 October 2007

That's all I kneed...

Fronted up last Sunday but had a sore glute, shuffled along miserably then called it a day.

Tuesday's speed session was an 8x 500m & then 1x 1k under the Story Bridge. Felt pretty good. A group of 6 in front of me but after their initial burst I kept them at the same margin thru'out.

Thought I'd do a bit of sharpening up for next Tuesday's 3k TT so headed up to the school oval on Wednesday evening after a 15 min warm-up jog. Did 4 sets of 800m with a 2 min recovery walk between (covering 200m).The cricket oval has a 400m 'track' marked out on the 'grassy' surface, but it's very rough. Quite patchy from the lack of rain, little maintenance & weekend cricket matches. So I noticed on the bends I was a bit unsteady, poor light by this stage compounded things & ended up with a sore right knee (my previously injured one).The 800s BTW weren't that fast, just wanted to maintain a steady pace for both laps but invariably the 2nd one was a few seconds slower, around 2.48s.

Took Thurs & Fri off. Feeling better this morning headed out on a very easy 11-12k run at about 5.15 pace. Started too late, around 8 & it was quite warm on the way back, my shoulders getting a bit of sunburn. Tenzing's tongue practically on the concrete we went home via the boat ramp & I thought I saw steam come off him as he immersed himself into the grey-green greasy Limpopo river...

No comments: