Thursday 4 October 2007

Taper is on

Had my last run before the race this morning. About 13 k all up. Consisted of the PCRG Thursday 'long run' after that month's 3k TT. Ran for 30 minutes heading over the Story Bridge & along the River Walk to New Farm then turned around & headed in to the Gardens along the Riverside side. Ran in a group of 4: Perky, Robbie & Pat.

At the gardens we headed off to the Goodwill Bridge on our 'no watch 1 k'. You nominate a race pace & attempt to come in as close as possible to that. I must be pretty fit, my 3.50 estimate came in at 3.37. Maybe I was just on a high after speeding past our power-walking PM...don't know what the reception was for our Premier, she of the running persuasion - I doubt he would've recognised her.

Anyway, fly down to Melb tomorrow at 5pm. Will take Saturday off as well & hopefully front up Sunday morning fighting fit with the other 16,000 competitors.

No comments: